Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jamestown Classic

I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I'd update my training/racing results over the past few weeks. Not much to report other than I've been running a bit too much, a few medium distance runs (6+) and one 10 miler, to get ready for the Hartford Half Marathon...Should be a fun run...!? I did go out and do a pretty quick ride with my buddy Jeff and his friend Troy up to Massachusetts and back, about 44 miles.

...Jamestown was my first road race, it was pretty good race, I started with the group and was bored so I decided to go out in front and see if I could break up the group a bit. My legs just didn't have the juice!..too much running. So, backed off and recovered for a few miles. In Jamestown there is a nice little hill before the end of the race...This is usually where the race is won (so I'm told), just as we got to the hill someone made a bad move and crashed 4 or 5 riders. causing a number of us to stop and skirt through the wreckage. This was not a good thing, I got stuck in the wrong gear and basically out of the race.

....but regardless it was a good race we averaged about 23+ mphs. Maybe next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

which race were you in? and do you know when the results might be posted?

Hurls said...

I was in the CAT 5 40-49...I haven't seen the results yet! Not sure that I want to...