Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January (Global Warming!)

I’m doing my part and riding my bike. Was able to get out and ride with my buddy Marty on Saturday afternoon who’s longest ride since August 2007 was 8 miles and that was 3 days ago. Regardless, I was able to convince him to ride for 2 hours and do a bit of climbing(not much). Regardless of the time of year, I always run across one or two jack asses each ride. This ride was no exception; climbed up Hebron Avenue in Glastonbury (3 miles @ 6%ish) and get to the top and was taking a right on Brentwood Dr. when a jack ass tries to beat me to the turn and just about takes me out….He floors it and flips me off. All I could do was gesture with my lobster claw gloves (probably thought I was a Star Trek fan).

On Saturday went out for about 2 ½ hours off endurance with Jeff (should have been more like 4 hours). We headed through South Windsor into Ellington to see the cows…weren’t any cows…but, once again ran across a couple of jack asses. “hey nice spandex”…wow I haven’t heard that in awhile. Not sure what it is, people seem to be pretty brave when it comes to doing or saying stupid things while driving…Regardless, we ended up hooking up with another cyclist that rides with the CVC guys. Good guy, he gave a much better route to get back to where we needed to be…

…Good weekend of riding…especially since it was January in New England!

No comments: