Monday, July 30, 2007

Valley Falls...20 years later

I was trying to come up with a different route for todays ride...and fortunately or unfortunately I dropped my wife's car off in Bolton and decided to ride home from there...so why not do a little climbing...This included my old stomping grounds(hill); Valley Falls I used to climb this with a couple of buddy's from High School on my Vitus (Steve Michaud, Steve Chormanski, John Tinney, Steve Albert and occasionally Don Lindi)...Not the same without that crazy dog chasing us...so anyways, at the top of Valley Falls take a quick left and a right up Hatch Hill. Not a real difficult climb but, when I'm climbing in my 39/21 setup and my 21 keeps skipping to the point I see sparks! It's makes the climb a bit more of a pain in the ass!....
...not sure of my miles or averages or any other stats for that matter...just that I climbed 5 descent hills...Valley Falls (Vernon, CT), Hatch Hill(Vernon, CT), Dart Hill (Tolland), Merrow Rd(Coventry), Lewis Hill to Ripley and then closed it out by going back up Gardner Tavern Rd...

1 comment:

Hurls said...

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=mgy44&tcount=207&scount=140&gallery_id=778101&image_id=139